Saturday 2 February 2008

Now I've been tagged

I apologize for the scarcity of posts in the last few days. It's carnival time here in the Rheinland, which means that everything shuts down in order for people to dress up in kitsch clown costumes, get drunk and sleep with each other. My wife Ingrid has, for the first time in ages, managed to finish work while there's still an evening to speak of, so time's been spent doing husband-and-wife things and travelling. We drove to Luxembourg yesterday, but the constant rain and biting cold, combined with the fact that I wasn't dressed for the outing, combined to dampen my appreciation of what is probably a beautiful city.

I'm also grateful for comments on my Ghandi post. I will get back to you as soon as possible!

So anyway, I've been tagged by J.K. Gayle. What the logic behind this game is I'm not sure, but my geeky addiction to books somehow makes it seem fun. Here are the rules:

Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more.(No cheating!)
Find Page 123.
Find the first 5 sentences.
Post the next 3 sentences.
Tag 5 people.

Well, to my left is Gordon Wenham's Word Biblical Commentary of Genesis 1-15. So here's what it says:

On the traditional documentary hypothesis most of these editorial changes are ascribed to P, for the most obvious connections in 5:1-3 are with 1:1-2:4a, which is assigned to the P source. However, 5:29, pointing back to 3:17 and mentioning "the LORD" by name, has to be ascribed to J.
Boring! Oh well, one can't always have the most gripping books lying in one's vicinity.

And I'm supposed to tag 5 people, so here goes: Tim, Bob, Chris, Stephen and Stefan.

No comments: